[AusNOG] Microsoft Outlook.com blacklist issue

Chris Hurley chris at minopher.net.au
Mon Aug 25 18:26:12 EST 2014

HI All,

Does anyone have a contact at Microsoft that can help with getting an IP off
their black list? The IP is not on any other blacklist that I can find.

Microsoft then say we can't tell you any more unless you pay a fee for
service.
They blame the mail client, the ISP & black lists everything but themselves.

Though their error message clearly says:

550 SC-001Mail rejected by Outlook.com for policy reasons. Reasons for
rejection may be related to content with spam-like characteristics or
IP/domain reputation. If you are not an email/network admin please contact
your Email/Internet Service Provider for help.

 adamvisner at hotmail.com <mailto:adamvisner at hotmail.com>
    SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL
FROM:<dani at ptacademy.edu.au <mailto:dani at ptacademy.edu.au> > SIZE=40039:
    host mx3.hotmail.com [65.55.37.104]: 550 SC-001 (COL004-MC3F27)
Unfortunately, messages from 192.163.249.142 weren't sent. Please contact
your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block
list. You can also refer your provider
tohttp://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors
<http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors> .

Regards,

Chris Hurley BE (Elec), MBA
Director

 Minopher Pty Ltd     Phone: 1300 730 531
 15 Nevana Street     Fax: +61-3-9763 3309
 Scoresby,  3179 Victoria
 Australia