[AusNOG] Routeros 6.15 Memory Leak

Alexander Neilson alexander at neilson.net.nz
Fri Aug 15 11:00:15 EST 2014

I have found the 6.17 release to be beautifully stable and a good performer.

I have been validating it and rolling it our across my network.

6.19 has some great fixes coming for CCR (I have been working with Mikrotik to fix these) so I am very excited about the improvements for the use of this in border and firewall operations.

Also the 6.19 improvements in queuing I think will be welcomed. We have seen some performance impact where we have replaced old and dying x86 machines with CCR's and I look forwards to seeing the improvements there and again with the use as a PPPoE concentrator where we use a large number of queues (specifically simple queues).

I haven't yet been confident enough to try the beta of 6.19 in stage two testing yet after the hit that 6.18 provided in stage two testing but after release I am excited.

Regards

Alexander

Alexander Neilson
Neilson Productions Ltd