[AusNOG] Routeros 6.15 Memory Leak

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Fri Aug 15 10:25:46 EST 2014

I'm finding RouterOS 6.17 to be using a LOT less memory than 6.15 was for
the same config.   (200mb in use rather than 400mb)

I upgraded off 6.15 as I found an annoying bug whereby viewing the routing
table in Winbox on mac crashed the winbox client, and locked whatever
process on the router Winbox connects to, for 10-15 minutes.  After which
time no config changes were written to flash from that point on, and user
config reverted to default every 5-10 minutes (yes, leaving the router open
to the interwebz, if you didn't have allowed IP's set for all services,
UGH), until you forcibly rebooted the router.  After a reboot, it reverted
to the last config made before viewing the routing table.  6.17 doesn't
seem to have that issue.

On 15 August 2014 10:11, Alex Samad - Yieldbroker <
Alex.Samad at yieldbroker.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Anyone using RoutersOS 6.15 (x64) + BGP who are noticing an increase in
> memory usage.   Over the last 8 days I have seen memory usage go from 200M
> to 800M.
>

> Alex

Damien Gardner Jnr
VK2TDG. Dip EE. GradIEAust