[AusNOG] Omg

Matt Perkins matt at spectrum.com.au
Fri Aug 15 09:27:08 EST 2014

Ha...  No i mean the Cisco 7000 as in CXBus & Silicon Switch Processor.
You could have likely switched the entire traffic of the internet back
then on a Nexus 7k.

Matt.

   On 15/08/2014 9:17 am, Andy S. wrote:
> Matt, when you said your 7000, that's the Nexus 7k?
> I thought 7k is 'the' one to rule the world. Or is it 9k now.
>
> :)
>
> Regards,
> Andy
>

> On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 7:48 AM, Matt Perkins <matt at spectrum.com.au
> <mailto:matt at spectrum.com.au>> wrote:
>
>     Yep our 7000 ran out of memory at 38000 taking out Microplex at
>     3am forcing me to put down the backgammon pieces and add a default
>     route.  I think we even paid 5k for some new DIMM
>     a week later.
>
>     Those were the days.
>

>     On 15 Aug 2014, at 4:08 am, "Tony Wicks" <tony at wicks.co.nz
>     <mailto:tony at wicks.co.nz>> wrote:
>
>>     I remember the same thing happened all those years ago when the
>>     Cisco 4000's
>>     running New Zealand's entire internet ran out of memory, I have a
>>     vague
>>     memory that it might have been 32,000 routes.

/* Matt Perkins
         Direct 1300 137 379     Spectrum Networks Ptd. Ltd.
         Office 1300 133 299     matt at spectrum.com.au
                                 Level 6, 350 George Street Sydney 2000
         PGP/GNUPG Public Key can be found at  http://pgp.mit.edu
*/