[AusNOG] metadata conference on SkyNews

Peter Tiggerdine ptiggerdine at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 11:10:16 EST 2014

What I thought was insightful was that on insiders yesterday Dennis Atkins
said that NSA had access to metadata in the US and said it was of very
little use to catching any threats homegrown or otherwise.

So the real question is if the NSA believe it's pointless what credibility
does the so called experts from the AFP and ASIO have?

This to me based on the NSA review begs the question what do you they
really want this information for?