[AusNOG] NOC Software

Andy Davidson andy at nosignal.org
Sun Aug 10 21:50:24 EST 2014

On 10 Aug 2014, at 04:29, Daniel Hood <dsmhood at gmail.com<mailto:dsmhood at gmail.com>> wrote:

Anyone else here use kibana and logstash for logging? Would recommend it as well.

I was about to make the same suggestion when I read the original post in the thread.  I was thinking ‘this toolset seems quite complete, but nothing good in the log management space’ - Logstash was going to be my suggestion.  The ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) makes searching and reporting very easy.  We also tried Greylog but prefer the ELK toolset in production.

Andy