[AusNOG] Cisco routers on NBN 100/40Mbps connection

Paul Jones paul at pauljones.id.au
Sun Aug 10 17:38:19 EST 2014

I’ve got Exetel 50/20 NBN at home, it’s generally been quite good apart from one hiccup with an under provisioned link to the POI. Domestic traffic is at or near full speed all the time, international is a bit hit and miss at times (mainly peak) but generally I don’t notice it. Works great for storing backups on Amazon Glacier!
No down time so far. Only problem I have is sometimes it takes hours for the pppoe to get a response when using linux devices to connect. Windows works fine however. I still can’t figure it out either…. Mainly seems to be a problem during peak.

Regards,
Paul.