[AusNOG] Wireless Access Point recommendations

John Edwards jaedwards at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 17:12:37 EST 2014

Cisco, Ruckus and Huawei are all doing their own hardware R&D on WiFi
if you're after best of breed.

Most of the rest are "merchant silicon", wrappers around an Atheros chipset.

Aruba have good solutions for single sites.

Airtight Networks are the new cool kids - they have a cloud solution
with integrated packet tracing and collection.

All of the decent vendors have SDN solutions for WiFi in their roadmap.

#WFD7 on twitter if you want to see what's on the leading edge right now.

Disclaimer: I have designed and built at least one of the world's
largest contiguous WiFi networks for my employer, using Cisco hardware

John