[AusNOG] Vocus Hazard Notice - Hawaii Tropical Storms

James Spenceley james at iroute.org
Fri Aug 8 16:40:42 EST 2014

We originally used UTC as we would have customers in one location in terms of their NOC department (say USA) but local ops/engineering hands/feet in Sydney with actual services in Singapore, Perth, Sydney and Auckland. When they asked for local time it was quiet confusing as to what they actually meant by local. So the simple answer was to use UTC

We had a lot of customers complain that UTC just added another step in the process (and one that someone could mess up converting) so we added the  feature for you to be able to set your own timezone. Makes it really simple in the end.

James

Sent from my iPhone