[AusNOG] metadata conference on SkyNews

Andrew Jones aj at jonesy.com.au
Fri Aug 8 16:21:25 EST 2014

What wasn't clear to me was: although they only want details of who had
x IP address at a particular date/time without a warrant, what happens
when they get a warrant to get more details? Will they then be pursuing
ISPs for _historical_ details of which IPs that IP address communicated
with, or merely getting access via lawful intercept set up _after_ the
warrant is executed?

I didn't hear that question asked or answered clearly, but maybe I just
missed it...