[AusNOG] Fwd: Ten questions about metadata retention

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at eintellegonetworks.com
Thu Aug 7 15:51:09 EST 2014

You are assuming a lot of things Paul... i.e. that they need any of that.

I've just built an ISP that operates only on Flat-Rate, pre-paid plans. No
VoIP, hosted email, websites or such.  They log nothing.  They don't need
to.

There is no TIO issues related to billing of data as they are flat-rate.

My policy is only log what you need to, and only for the time you need it.
 If you don't need it, don't even keep it.  No one can ask you for anything
if you don't have it.

...Skeeve

linkedin.com/in/skeeve

twitter.com/theispguy ; blog: www.theispguy.com

The Experts Who The Experts Call
Juniper - Cisco - Cloud - Consulting - IPv4 Brokering