[AusNOG] Question about hardware spec for a DC

Paul Gear ausnog at libertysys.com.au
Thu Apr 24 11:30:47 EST 2014

In my judgement, the big benefit of dual power supplies (particularly on
servers, switches, & routers) is that it enables reorganising of power
circuits in racks without requiring a downtime window.  Like you say, a
comprehensive view of high availability means designing N + 1 redundancy
at the system level, but dual power supplies to those N + 1 devices is a
big convenience factor.

Paul