[AusNOG] Dual DSL

Paul Gear ausnog at libertysys.com.au
Wed Apr 16 15:07:06 EST 2014

Hi Skeeve,

I'm curious: what problem is this trying to solve?  It seems to me that
dual DSL lines in the same unit still leaves you vulnerable to many
single points of failure.  I can think of only one situation I've
encountered in the last 5-7 years where such a setup would have helped
(where two lines to the same site actually ended up on different
DSLAMS), and plenty where they would have hindered.

Regards,
Paul