[AusNOG] Cisco 7201 vs Juniper SRX 550 for border routers

Rhys Hanrahan rhys at nexusone.com.au
Tue Apr 15 15:10:42 EST 2014

Hi Joseph,

I had read similar things about MikroTiks for LNS - something along the lines of it can do L2TP VPDN, but not if the tunnel requires a password. Not sure if this is still the case.

I think at this point what we'd do is use 7201s as dedicated LNSs, and as has been suggested, split off other roles onto another box (like a MikroTik).

Rhys Hanrahan
Chief Information Officer
Nexus One Pty Ltd

E: support at nexusone.com.au<mailto:support at nexusone.com.au>