[AusNOG] Stopping unwanted random NTP traffic

Andrew Tschudi andrewtschudi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 14:09:16 EST 2014

We have been receiving unwanted inbound NTP traffic towards multiple
different servers within our network. This has been creating days of pain
and after liaising with our upstream provider it turns out that they have
no BGP communities. Had they had BGP Communities, this would then allow me
to block the traffic from reaching my routers, which are continuously being
flooded. I figure, it’s now time for me to attempt to source some external
help.

Can anyone on provide any recommendations for sourcing professional
services that would be trusted in advising the best way to protect and
secure our network?

Andrew