[AusNOG] Nextdc vending machines | 1000base-lx/lh SFP

Peter Tiggerdine ptiggerdine at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 12:23:52 EST 2014

Hi Bevan and List.

The vending machine project has stalled because of the changes in
encryption and legislation around handling payments which is beyond the
control of NextDC.

What is frustrating is that simple things like IEC14-GPO aren't in the
vending machine however nextdc do have them, but can't sell you them
because of lag to do with price lists updates.

I doubt SFP's will ever be in there as the cost would be quite large.

The vending machine in B1 is definitely there and anyone at NextDC will
help you with a purchase. Just ask. Let me honest in saying NextDC is trail
blazing here, if this your only complaint then they must be doing well.

Beats Fujitsu hand down any day of the week.

Regards,

Peter Tiggerdine.
(Not an employee of NextDC).