[AusNOG] Discussion point: Why aren't the NBNCo tails symmetric in speed?

Tony td_miles at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 9 12:44:18 EST 2014

On Wed, 09 Apr 2014 11:47:03 +1000, Chris Ricks
<chris.ricks at securepay.com.au> wrote:

> $1000 / month cost to the RSP, per-tail effectively.
>
> It's definitely not competitive with services I see offered, but
> coverage is the differentiator here potentially.

That was the original idea, but it's a rather big "potentially" right now.
If the current FTTN/HFC/other goes ahead without any more FTTP, the
availability of NBN fibre will be limited to what's already been rolled
out (which isn't much!).

Certain decision makers will need to take their foot out of their mouth if
only so they can then shoot themselves in the foot.

regards,
Tony.