[AusNOG] Monitoring ULL drops on AAPT MBE connections

Radek Tkaczyk radek at tkaczyk.id.au
Thu Apr 3 10:07:04 EST 2014

Hi Guys,

We are getting more and more cases where an AAPT MBE connection drops a ULL, and no-one notices this until the client complains about poor speeds, or another ULL drops and takes the connection offline.

For example, say an end user has an AAPT 10/10 MBE connection which uses 2 x ULLs. If one of the ULLs drops, the speed will drop to around 5/5 and everything keeps going at the lower speed. This is all fine, except that AAPT do not correct the issue until you log a fault. Or worse, the second ULL drops at a later time and takes the connection completely offline.

How are we supposed to log a fault if we can't monitor for a ULL connection getting dropped?

How are other people handling this situation?

Regards,

Radek
Ph: 0413 383 231
radek at tkaczyk.id.au