[AusNOG] Singapore Perth International Backhaul Providers

Tony td_miles at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 2 12:03:17 EST 2014

Hi,

On Wed, 02 Apr 2014 10:46:59 +1000, James Braunegg
<james.braunegg at micron21.com> wrote:

> Looking for suggestions for resellers of SeaMeWe3 between Perth and
> Singapore, and then Perth back to Melbourne and also trying to
> understand the cost of current capacity per mbit over these services for
> layer 2 connectivity.

Sorry, I can't help at all with that info. My understanding though is that
it's fairly high (compared to international transit ex-Syd).

> Also did Nextgen's submarine cable to Singapore or anyone else's ever
> kick off ?

Yes. Two cables currently happening:

ASC by Leighton (Nextgen) is due for completion Q2 2015.
http://www.ascinternational.net/asc-achieves-full-permitting/

APX West by SubPartners also due for completion Q2 2015 (but appears to be
behind as they are not "fully permitted" yet)
http://www.subpartners.net/cables/apx-west.html

Here is a pretty map to look at (untick box for "active cables" to only
see "future cables"):
http://www.cablemap.info/

regards,
Tony.