[AusNOG] routerOS ... used to be RE: Cross Connect Pricing & Peering POP's

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Thu Sep 26 14:52:52 EST 2013

+1 for RouterOS here

You are right, x86 is essentially a Linux distro, but once you learn
both the web/winbox interface and CLI operation it's very easy to
manage, the API is also quite handy for a lot of different things.

Purpose built MikroTik routers are great though, use a lot of
RB1100AHx2's as edge routers now with OSPF + iBGP with no fault found
yet, and now looking at the newer 'Cloud Core' kit for eBGP and peering.
They are quite inexpensive too when you compare to a lot of other
hardware vendors.