[AusNOG] Entire NBN board resigns

Tim March march.tim at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 09:01:43 EST 2013

On 23/09/13 7:21 AM, Scott Howard wrote:
> From
> http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/business/entire-nbn-board-resigns-20130922-2u835.html
> :
>
> The board of NBN Co has offered to resign en masse, falling on their
> sword amid suggestions they do not have the confidence of the incoming
> government.
>
> The chairwoman Siobhan McKenna submitted her resignation to the Minister
> for Communications, Malcolm Turnbull, along with the rest of the board.
> Former Telstra boss Ziggy Switkowski is waiting in the wings to be
> appointed executive chairman.

Haven't read that article but did catch this on ABC 24 this morning. The
way I took it was "You criticised us heavily in opposition so we're
giving you this opportunity to either back us 100% or get rid of us."
more than a mass walk-out type event.

I guess we'll find out one way or the other over the next few days...

T.

--
PGP/GNUPG Public Key: http://d3vnu11.com/pub.key