[AusNOG] Cross Connect Pricing & Peering POP's

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at eintellegonetworks.com
Fri Sep 20 03:30:12 EST 2013

Hey Daniel,

The EQX pricing seems about right.

EQ S1 to Doody St, 1G Ethernet, probably between 1.5k and 2k or cheaper -
it is a short distance.  The best people for that would be to talk to Vocus
themselves... they have fibre between those locations...

Re peering... the new boys in town are NSW-IX, which had good number on
board... but the real kicker is Megaport... $500/mth for 10Gb connection.
 The only issue is you have to have some 10Gb ports available.  But bang
for buck, you can't deny them.

Megaport will also been in most other Sydney DC's in a short period - Maybe
even Doody, which means you will be able to get Virtual Cross-Connects for
$200/month over their fabric if both parties are connected in those
locations.  The flexibility of this is pretty interesting and I suspect
others will copy them once it take off and becomes a commodity.

This link of mine has most of the pricing you need for Sydney peering.
http://theispguy.com/peeringpricing/ - I will be adding Megaport and anyone
else I can soon... then looking at the rest of .au to see what is out there.

...Skeeve

linkedin.com/in/skeeve

twitter.com/networkceoau ; blog: www.network-ceo.net

The Experts Who The Experts Call