[AusNOG] Screw the NBN, says TPG: We'll do our own FTTB

Paul Brooks pbrooks-ausnog at layer10.com.au
Tue Sep 17 21:08:19 EST 2013

On 17/09/2013 8:47 PM, Tim McCullagh wrote:

> No more need to Government assistance to the car industry as they will then have the
> economies of scale, put aside the issue of whether those are the cars we want to buy
> in the same way as the nbn is providing an asyncronous service when I want a
> syncronous service.

asymmetric and symmetric dammit - not asynchronous and synchronous! Timing and
clocking has nothing to do with it. Synchronous vs asynchronous was the SDH vs ATM
wars of the 1980s.

(sorry Tim :-) - every time I hear someone say "Asynchronous Digital Subscriber Line"
I grind another tooth off)

(ob-charter - this might be the only operations-relevant post on AusNOG this evening!)

P.