[AusNOG] Screw the NBN, says TPG: We'll do our own FTTB

Tim McCullagh technical at halenet.com.au
Tue Sep 17 20:47:17 EST 2013

Following Roberts argument below

Then why shouldnt the government mandate that all Australians can only buy Australian built cars.

No more need to Government assistance to the car industry as they will then have the economies of scale, put aside the issue of whether those are the cars we want to buy in the same way as the nbn is providing an asyncronous service when I want a syncronous service.

The whole argument comes down to a mater of choice and does the government know best, put aside the issue of the fact that the government does not have any money.  The Government has to take it off someone before it can give it to someone else.

Regards

Tim