[AusNOG] NetRegistry Issues? + Advice on Hosting Providers

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at eintellegonetworks.com
Fri Sep 13 12:14:57 EST 2013

Hey all,

Over the last few weeks I've had numerous people commenting that their
websites are broken, email down, etc etc.

After some testing, every issue turns out they are hosted with NetRegistry.

Just wondering if anyone else is hearing the same sort of issues from
people.

---

That said.  I get asked a LOT where people should host.... I realise there
is a lot of different kinds of hosting, and a hell of a lot of companies
out there...

Given this is an industry list... and there are likely a lot of hosting
companies on the list... I don't really want 1000 messages saying "we're
awesome".  I don't care that YOU think you are awesome. We all think we are.

What I want is comments from people who don't do their own hosting and use
someone else that they are impressed with for a some specific reasons.
 This might include - reliability, speeds, features such as Control Panel,
costs, etc.

I'm in a community where I deal with a LOT of small businesses... and they
are always asking for advice, so I'd like to give them something that is
easy and simple and fuss-free - without costing too much.

Thanks guys.

...Skeeve

linkedin.com/in/skeeve

twitter.com/networkceoau ; blog: www.network-ceo.net