[AusNOG] ADSL2+ line sync data

Guy Ellis guy at traverse.com.au
Fri Sep 13 07:08:38 EST 2013

Paul,

VDSL2 would be any different)...

In contrast to the current ADSL2+ network, there are 3 big differences
with the proposed VDSL2 FTTN deployment -
(i) shorter loop lengths (700-800m)
(ii) vectoring (crosstalk--)
(iii) bonding (speed++)

While such a VDSL2 network is not as good as fibre, it's no where near
as bad as the current ADSL2+ network.
Right now some poor folks are on 6km loop lengths, there's plenty of
crosstalk and getting bonding working is a challenge.

Regards,
  - Guy.