[AusNOG] Microsoft Content from NON Local Mirror

Benjamin Ball bball at bkb.net.au
Thu Sep 12 17:36:11 EST 2013

Daniel,

Doing a trace route to whoami.akamai.net will reveal the main Akamai site you are being connected to.

Problem is not all Akamai sites host all their content.

We are directly peered with Akamai in Melbourne but we still find a significant amount of Akamai traffic gets directed to other Akamai sites.

When we contacted Akamai about it they told us they couldn't tell us who was hosted in the Melbourne site due to NDA's

Regards,
Ben

[cid:image001.png at 01CE0F5D.5D393B10]

Benjamin Ball
Technical Director
Ph:  1300 BKB NET
Fax:  03 9012 4143
Web: bkb.net.au<http://bkb.net.au/>

The electronic email transmission may contain privileged or confidential information and is intended for delivery to the intended recipient only. If you receive this electronic mail message in error, please destroy all versions and notify the sender via the return mail immediately.