[AusNOG] NBN - Negotiations with Telstra - update from DeLimiter

Martin - StudioCoast martin.sinclair at studiocoast.com.au
Mon Sep 9 13:29:30 EST 2013

Ultimately I think a politicalwin for the government would be a rollout
of the NBN at a lower cost.
So if someone works out how to do that with FTTH, then it's
possibletheywould consider it.

I can see two possible ways to achieve this:

1. Roll out FTTH to the most profitable areas first (built up areas,
suburbs with low percentages of multi unit dwellings etc)
2. NBN Co purchases the HFC networks and upgrade as much of it as
possible to multi channel DOCSIS 3.0 (much of it may already be 3.0?)

What are others thoughts on this? What other cost saving measures are
out there?

Regards,

Martin