[AusNOG] NBN - Negotiations with Telstra - update from DeLimiter

George Fong george at lateralplains.com
Mon Sep 9 12:50:55 EST 2013

Just spotted this. A reasonably succint summary of what may happen next.
I have not given up hope that FTTP may still be revealed to be more cost
effective and that a review of NBNCo may find ways in whcih this could
be so.

http://delimiter.com.au/2013/09/09/telstra-wants-quick-nbn-negotiations/

As always, it is worth dragging up Simon Hackett's Comms Day
presentation on FTTN vs FTTP and of course his presentation on FTTP at
FTTN prices may be worth reviewing by the Govt.  My own view is that a
full financial review of FTTN/HFC with all of the implcations of
engaging Telstra may well still prove to be actuarially more challenging
than the current FTTP plan.

Cheers
g.

--
Lateral Plains Logos

    Just remember, wherever you go .... there you are.