[AusNOG] GoodBye NBN

Paul Wallace paul.wallace at mtgi.com.au
Sun Sep 8 19:08:07 EST 2013

The same Government holds that a paddock just south of Murwillumbah, NSW (got nothing otjer than black and white cows) is chargeable at the 'high density' end of their scale the ACMA sets out in its raft of charges for RF licenses.

That scale is usually at around 45-90 x the equivalent that the FCC (The US Regulator) uses for equivalent licenses.

Imagine if they charged rent in a similar fashion for fibre held in ducts in the ground!

:-)

Does that mean we make the US look progressive?

NZ is just as progressive btw.

-P