[AusNOG] GoodBye NBN

Paul Wallace paul.wallace at mtgi.com.au
Sat Sep 7 22:45:04 EST 2013

Not all bad .. an English fella recently beat the wrap and was allowed to stay on.

He had to fight it out in the Supreme Court though!

Having said that Malaysia doesn't have an NBN though. Instead they're offering support and tax breaks for Carriers and business to invest there (it's called Cyber Jayer).

By contrast here in Australia what we do I'd invest billions to tear down 100Mb HFC networks because .. er, I'm trying to remember ... oh yeah .. too slow.

If we extended that logic to roads then we'd pay the operators of the M2 in Sydney to shut that road and then build a 40 lane road in from 7 Hills to the other end.

Oh hang on I've got that wrong ... the NBN is an access network so we should be building 40 lane side streets!

-P

Sent from my iPhone powered by Polyfone Telecom