[AusNOG] Liberals plan to Filter the Internet

Martin - StudioCoast martin.sinclair at studiocoast.com.au
Thu Sep 5 19:06:23 EST 2013

/As has recently been achieved in the UK, we expect these standards will
involve the major //
//internet service providers providing //*home network filters*//for all
new home broadband //
//services, which will be switched on as the default unless the customer
specifies otherwise. //
//This is a //*very different approach*//to the discredited compulsory
filter proposal championed //
//by the Rudd-Gillard Government, which was abandoned as unworkable. //
//The Coalition's approach aims to empower parents -- by giving them the
choice of whether //
//or not to //*operate a filter at home*//, but by establishing the
default setting as one which //
//provides maximum protection./

This sounds like CPE side filtering to me....do journalists actually
read anything anymore??