[AusNOG] Spammers scraping list (Fwd: Novell accounts for email campaign)

Paul Gear ausnog at libertysys.com.au
Thu Sep 5 09:36:17 EST 2013

Anyone else get one of the enclosed messages to their list address?

The interesting thing is that Novell's user database was compromised
(but never publicly disclosed, from what I can tell) by spammers about 2
years ago; 90% of what I've received to that address since has been
Spanish/Portuguese/Italian (I can't tell the difference) spam.  Now it
seems someone has decided to sell it to legitimate-looking companies.
I'm guessing before too long I'll be getting emails to my Novell or
DynDNS addresses offering the AusNOG subscribers list for sale...

Anything we can/should do about this sort of thing?

Regards,
Paul