[AusNOG] NBN Sandpit

Tim March march.tim at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 09:15:25 EST 2013

No problems. I've had a bunch of off-list requests for this so here's a
copy of the original mail...

--- BEGIN PASTE ---
DISCLAIMER: The company we performed this work for no longer exists. The
device configurations in the lab didn't go to prod. If I forgot to
redact something it's probably not relevant.

The attached archive contains two things;

1. Cisco device configurations for a working end-to-end NBN UNI-D lab.
I've redacted them pretty hard so you'll need to do some forensics to
put it back together again but it's pretty simple;

    Cisco 3845 PPPoE LNS
    Cisco 2960 to simulate the NBN side of the QinQ config
    Cisco 3750 connecting test CPE devices

You'll need a RADIUS box to authenticate it. We were just using
FreeRADIUS in the lab and planned to use Inomial Smile in prod. At the
time when we did the testing NBN wouldn't provide egress IP transit from
the lab environment so you'll need to take a RADIUS box in with you (eg.
you'll need an end-to-end environment to put in their lab.)

2. A PM spreader I was using to manage the process. This details each of
the test cases NBN Co. will ask you to complete and has some technical
notes in it that might make someones life easier. Although I redacted IP
addresses from the Cisco configs I realised that I didn't need to and
intentionally left them in the document. This will help you put the
configs back together.

The configurations are very crude but will give you an idea of what
needs to happen to string it all together. If anyone has questions or
needs a hand with it feel free to drop me a note and I'll be more than
happy to assist where I can.
--- END PASTE ---

Cheers,