[AusNOG] CryptoLocker Virus

Thomas Jackson thomas at thomax.com.au
Thu Oct 24 10:29:28 EST 2013

The best policy is to just block all executables coming via email - we have
all of ours go into a quarantine so someone from IT can get at them if
needed (like updates to our payroll system that only are distributed via
email for reasons that remain unclear to me). That stops the average user
from randomly clicking on attachments and I often see viruses sitting in
there that have managed to get through all of the other filters.