[AusNOG] CentOS Mirrors - CentOS 5.10 RELEASED

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sun Oct 20 13:56:18 EST 2013

On 20/10/2013 12:45, Daniel Watson wrote:
> Well funny you say that... because i know atleast 8 different
> Providers world wide whom use include and exclude
> And if they have not added 5.10/ to include  then it will
> automatically exclude it
>
> So just giving people the heads up, as CLEARLY there sync isnt
> included it as you can see from the status page saying its out of
> date...

All 'real' mirrors are fully automated, mirrors that need to use include
and exclude obviously do not have the disk capacity, and are not a true
mirror server.

The whole point of a mirror server is to 'mirror' upstream, so if you
want to mirror centos,  you mirror -  masterserver:/path/to/centos
and thats it, whats the point of a mirror server that excludes parts of
upstream, if I need  X, it means I have wasted my time going to Y
because I should have gone to A in the first place, hence mirror X is a
waste of time/space/energy