[AusNOG] Network Stress Test Results - Frightening speeds of 900+ mbits

Joshua D'Alton joshua at railgun.com.au
Sat Oct 19 22:54:17 EST 2013

Oh sure if you're talking AU hosted then I'd imagine AWS might be able to
exceed any AU capacity (though, it is AWS -> single path -> end host, there
could be limited capacity issues along just that path, vs a ddos that can
come in on all your links...), I was thinking more on a global scale
though, especially given the locations of most of the booter hosts and
attack nodes. IE, protecting against a medium sized multiple-10Gbps booter
is probably not possible inside AU, making an AU company/site perhaps
consider a non-local solution.

Though, that's where those loverly folks at cloudflare come in, :)