[AusNOG] Network Stress Test Results - Frightening speeds of 900+ mbits

Peter Betyounan peter at serversaustralia.com.au
Sat Oct 19 22:49:39 EST 2013

Josh,

It's enough to test and simulate DDoS projected numbers and analyse the
data. Do you really think pushing 10gbits+ anywhere in Australia won't
raise a few alarm bells and cause havoc? I know no transit provider would
appreciate uncontrolled booter testing on their networks because someone
thought it was cool. Australian pipes are tiny in caparison to anywhere
else and any DDoS of that scale locally affects literally everyone who
traverses through it.