[AusNOG] Network Stress Test Results - Frightening speeds of 900+ mbits

Joshua D'Alton joshua at railgun.com.au
Sat Oct 19 22:40:05 EST 2013

Aye hundreds of booters, most come from a few core botnets or booter
groups, many of the ones you can find on say hackforums change every couple
weeks/months with them being operated by the same people, sometimes even
the same paypal. And yes I know this from researching them.

@Tom I'm always interested to see how much you guys get hit with, as aside
from some massive organisations, I think you guys are probably one of the
larger companies out there on the scale of spare capacity. Funnily enough,
AWS singapore doesn't seem to have enough spare capacity to weather some of
the booters and in some instances lost reachability for the duration of the
attacks pretty much globally during a "proving". Similarly with a top AU
ISP, international links became saturated with relative ease (well,
30gbps+). Anyway all that to say it is quite a problem we face in
Australia, even to the scale of business DSL, who can't possibly afford
DDoSprotecting as they won't be getting a connection via M21, butinstead
just Telstra et al.