[AusNOG] Fortigate | input/thoughts

Shane Chrisp shane at 2000cn.com.au
Thu Oct 17 16:10:39 EST 2013

On 16/10/13 20:47, Richard Ham AusNOG wrote:

I totally agree with Richard, although I may be a bit biased as I am a
Fortinet Gold Partner. However we have quite a large install base now
with many of those in High Availabilty configuration and they work
flawlessly. The typical complaint we have encountered
from users who were not happy with them, has been due to the units not
being spec'd up correctly for the task at hand or
more commonly, simple misconfiguration. Since the introduction of
FortiOS v5, the reporting features which are built into the
units are greatly improved, however if you are looking to consolodate
logs from many Fortigates into single reports, then a
FortiAnalyzer is the way to. They are available as a hardware or VM
solution. I tend to suggest the VM as it scales beyond the
Hardware versions for locations where they may be additional growth in
the future.

I am also happy to answer any other questions.

--

Regards

Shane Chrisp
2000 Computers & Networks Pty Ltd