[AusNOG] Fortigate | input/thoughts

Richard Ham AusNOG rich-lists at edit-co.com
Wed Oct 16 23:47:16 EST 2013

Hi John,

I have used/administered multi-tennant (VDOM) based Fortigates for 7+ years
now and am as happy with them as I was after reading the marketing blurb
when I first assessed them against competitors. They are a solid unit and
features are aggressively upgraded from major firmware release to firmware
release. The Fortigate units are good at generalist firewalls/utm and do
well as generalist firewall/utm where as the Fortimail units or similar are
better as specific functions in filtering email etc.

I can't really comment about reporting as I haven't used the Fortianalyzer
units in the last 4 years.

Feel free to email me for specifics,

Thanks,

Richard