[AusNOG] Transit over Megaport - who?

James Pearce james at webvault.com.au
Tue Oct 15 18:21:48 EST 2013

According to the pricing on their website a Virtual XConnect is still $200, and intrastate fees are extra.  Am I reading it right?   Is that cheap?   I guess if you need to layer 2 cross with someone in another data centre then yes, otherwise its only mildly convenient with less redundancy.     When its $200 a VCX for Perth to Sydney at 1GBPS I am going to get excited.  Is that on the cards?   The "mega" in megaport is still  missing until that happens for me ....

Best Regards,

James Pearce
NETWORK MANAGER
Phone: 1300 139 927 (EXT. 502)
Email: support at webvault.com.au<mailto:support at webvault.com.au>
Website: www.webvault.com.au<http://www.webvault.com.au/>
Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/jamesmpearce<http://www.linkedin.com/in/jamesmpearce>
Twitter: twitter.com/jamesmpearce

WEBVAULT | Serving Business Online
Premium Hosting & Network Services in Enterprise-Class Data Centres
Website Hosting - VMware Virtual Servers - Offsite Backup & Data Storage - Microsoft Exchange
Microsoft SPLA Hosting Partner | VMware Service Provider Partner