[AusNOG] Transit over Megaport - who?

Alex Samad - Yieldbroker Alex.Samad at yieldbroker.com
Tue Oct 15 17:24:30 EST 2013

Rather interesting thread.
So this sounds very similar to the History of  virtualise

1 server per physical machine -> enter VMWare ....
Virtualising Storage ..... more of the removing the tie in. We have Vsan and ....
In some sense this is also the move by the big ISP moving from separate Business and Internet networks (think MPLS). Collapsing of Frame and ATM over

In essence what we are talking about here is the virtualising of a datacentre. I am thinking analogue PABX to a Digital PABX

Should be very interesting, the end result (for end users like me), I would want 2 (or say 4)  ports diverse 10G capable and just turn on connections as I need them..

I'm currently going through the pain of trying to get a cross connect at GS....

Alex