[AusNOG] Transit over Megaport - who?

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at eintellegonetworks.com
Tue Oct 15 17:19:17 EST 2013

All,

One of the reasons I started this thread was a conversation I was having
with a Brisbane client who was wondering what DC to go into in Sydney.  We
got to talking about MP, and that's where a lot of these thoughts came from.

Another interesting thing popped up.  The customer was looking for
interstate transit.. a couple of hundred meg.. and the usual players, Pipe
had provided them a quote.

While Megaport have mentioned the capability to do Inter-state Megaport
VxC's, they haven't talked much about pricing.  Well, I know the pricing,
and it is on par with what Pipe was offering... except Pipe was wanting 24
months, where Megaport was zero terms.

Now..... while that is nice... here is the kicker.  If you take up Megaport
on this offer (give Rob Sattler a call) they will give you that link for
free for the same period of the ramp up period of Megaport.

Also, I want to clarify... while I might be seeing to waving the Megaport
flag.... I'm not focused on them.  I see this concept as ground breaking in
our industry, and also creating a potential fabric environment that
businesses could use as well.  If other players like Vocus/AAPT/Pipe/etc do
something similar, then that would be awesome and I will support them as
well.  In the end, you are still going to need all the fibre/tail players
to get from buildings to the DC's to get onto this new way of doing
business.

...Skeeve

linkedin.com/in/skeeve

twitter.com/theispguy ; blog: www.theispguy.com