[AusNOG] Wholesale SMS Services

Andrew White admin at uberskilled.com
Sun Oct 13 12:29:58 EST 2013

Full disclosure: I used to work for Telstra supporting the OnlineSMS
service, many years ago.

Hey Nathan,

I'm not a huge Telstra fan, however the OnlineSMS service is pretty
awesome. The API is pretty clean and well documented, there are bulk
pricing discounts and you have a decent GUI you can use for address books,
receiving messages, etc.

The only problem I am aware of (which may no longer be the case) is support
is pretty lax. I worked in WDCS level 3 in Telstra, and apparently we were
the support team for OnlineSMS. Unfortunately we had 0 training on it and
had to learn on the job. That being said, this may be completely different
now.

Best of luck.

Andrew