[AusNOG] Looking for employees? Melbourne based

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at eintellegonetworks.com
Sat Oct 12 00:28:59 EST 2013

Hey Julien,

Juniper have released a new series of 'Troubleshooting'
exams/certification, which are well written and the first Juniper ones
which require multiple exams to have the cert.

The new one is called JNCSP (as opposed to JNCIP) - Support track.
http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/certification/certification-tracks/

JNCSP has the same as JNCIP, with Security, Service Provider and Enterprise.

Unlike JNCIP, they have two requirements before you have the cert.

Firstly, you need to pass 'JTNOC' (
https://learningportal.juniper.net/juniper/user_activity_info.aspx?id=4001)
as a pre-req for any JNCSP.

Secondly, you need to pass one of the JNCSP-ENT, -SP or -SEC....

But that is not all.  You also have to have the corresponding JNCIP.  For
example, to get a JNCSP-ENT, you need pass JTNOC, JNCIP-ENT and JNCSP-ENT.

These exams (I've attempted without any prep while at the Juniper Tech
conference in Bangkok) the JTNOC, JNCSP-ENT and S-SP, and they are
awesome... failed all of them because essentially I don't troubleshoot all
day and I was doing them for the taste.  I did manage to pass the JNCIP-SP
and JNCIP-ENT earlier in the week.... so I'm not just stupid - just an
architect these days. The JNCSP exams are VERY detailed and not the sort of
thing to just easily pass if you aren't doing a lot of this all the time.

The best person who knows these exams is Kurt Bales, who passed his JTNOC,
JNCSP-SP and JNCSP-ENT in Bangkok... he luckily did a course for JTNOC,
apparently the hardest of them... I think he has since passed JNCSP-SEC now
as well.... a true Juniper Champion (and why he is a Juniper Ambassador).

Suffice to say, if I saw a resume with JNCSP-*, I'd give it much more
serious consideration.

...Skeeve

linkedin.com/in/skeeve

twitter.com/theispguy ; blog: www.theispguy.com