[AusNOG] Looking for employees? Melbourne based

Phillip Grasso phillip.grasso at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 13:31:41 EST 2013

Degrees are optional in networking team. Obviously preferred but not
required. We focus on quality individuals and we've got quiet a few without
degrees or degrees in the non-computing areas.

I have mixed feelings about certifications, imho they don't carry the
weight that they once did, with the proliferation of testking and the like,
its entirely possible to get certification without experience, hard knocks
and real lessons in engineering/operations.

If i had network engineer in my titled, i'd hopefully understand the
statements below.

* 1+1 = 10; this makes sense to you and why.

* You understand how to IP subnet in your head, calculator not needed.
 e.g. you know how many ip addresses in /22 without really thinking too
hard.

If you understand below, You're probably more prepared to the required
skills changes coming into the industry that was highlighted at the last
Ausnog in the evolution of of a 'network engineer'

0.2+0.1 = 0.30000000000000004

None of the above is difficult or complicated concepts.