[AusNOG] LDAP / AD Configuration on SuperMicro IPMI Devices

Chris Bennetts chris at chipa.org
Sat Nov 30 18:01:51 EST 2013

My main point to make first of all is that IPMI devices and their back-end authentication methods are different with every single vendor I work with.

If David was asking for help with anyone with A10 experience then it would possibly make sense to ask on AusNOG. For help with a server mainboard I would expect a different list would be much more worthwhile. Especially when I suspect at least 50% of AusNOG members are networking hardware focused, not server hardware.

I'm generally don't subscribe to computing (server/workstation) lists as I do not gain much from them with the amount of email volume. Networking questions and answers I have a much higher gain ratio for the number of emails I get, hence I subscribe to around 10 NOG style mailing lists.

In other words, for me these posts become like spam and devalue the AusNOG list.

Perhaps some people need to read the intro lines on the AusNOG website and mailing list pages: "The AusNOG Mailing List is an informally moderated mailing list providing a forum for the discussion of technical and operational information by network operators." - Network, not server operators.