[AusNOG] Class-0 messages not delivering inside Optus network

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Sun Nov 24 22:51:57 EST 2013

On Nov 24, 2013, at 5:30 PM, Deon <someguyinmelbourne at gmail.com> wrote:

> Someone recommended I try this group - perhaps someone here can help, or guide me in the right direction :)

This list is primarily concerned with TCP/IP operational issues affecting network operators, so it isn't really focused on SMS and such.  But there're a lot of smart folks here who know a lot about such things (I'm not one of them), so hopefully somebody can provide some insight.

One question I have though - don't a lot of SMS spammers use Class-0?  Might it be an anti-SMS spam mechanism?

And out of curiosity, why does your app use Class-0 messages?  For myself, I find them to be really annoying, unless they're carrying critical information from the carrier I'm using.

;>

	  Luck is the residue of opportunity and design.

		       -- John Milton