[AusNOG] "It's like grandfather's axe"

Paul Wallace paul.wallace at mtgi.com.au
Fri Nov 22 12:50:04 EST 2013

My power company fails very regularly in the rain actually!

It also regularly sends spikes + brown outs all over.

During the Jan 25, 2013 storms in QLD the power went off for 6 days in at least one place.

No SLA.

No refunds.

No apology.

Then when they brought the power back up there was a massive surge yet no compensation for equipment ruined by power variations.

I don't follow the point that's trying to be made via this thread frankly, .. sure copper isn't perfect or infallible what but technology is? .. maybe the old POTS telephone service in everyones home in the good old days. An 'infallible' media has not been invented yet so I wish this thread would end. I.E. 'Infallible' is simply not going to come to us via microwave, fibre, copper, Free Space Optics, ... EVER probably.

-P